BMDCA Art & Craft Show
Non-Members: First Entry Fee - $25, additional entries - $15
o Submissions must be original work of the artist
o New judging categories this year: New Works and Juniors
o Open to following forms of media (click here for detailed descriptions):
- Digital Art
- Graphics & Printmaking
- Mixed Media
- Art Show & Panel Chair - Robin Hamme
- BMDCA Board Member - Margorie Geiger
- BMDCA Health Committee Chair - Toby Erlichman
- Berner-Garde Foundation Vice President - Julie Latterell
- BMDCA Rescue Chair - Dawn Letry
- BMD Fundraiser Extraordinaire - Joye Neff
The Best in BMDCA Art Show winners (Member and Non-Member) will be invited to submit a short (one-page) article, which will include a photo of the BIS artwork. Through these articles, each BIS artist can share information about his/her artistic story and work. In addition, the winners will receive a BIS rosette, which will be presented in person at the 2022 National Specialty if the member and non-member artists will be in attendance.
- Artists must complete a separate entry form for each submission.
- Artists may enter more than one medium category and up to two entries within the same category.
- Photos of the work (not the artwork itself) are to be submitted for judging, accompanied by a fully completed entry form.
- Submit up to three photos per entry to enable the jury panel to judge your piece virtually. Please give your photos a file name that includes your last name, medium, and a number if you intend to submit two entries for the same category, e.g., Smith Glass 1 of 2, Smith Glass 2 of 2; instructions for uploading photos will be sent upon receipt of entry.
- Please do not put any identifying information on the photo(s) submitted for the Art & Craft Show; judges will not know the identity of the artists entered in the show.
- Entries will be judged in two groups: Members and Non-Members and each will have medium category winners from which a BIS will be selected.
- Finally, so that we can best ensure the integrity of the judging process, please do not place photos of your submitted artwork on Facebook or any other social media platform until after the Art Show has concluded and BMDCA members have received their 2022 Spring Issue of The Alpenhorn.
- Click here for the official website/art show information.
- Submissions Open: 9/15/2021
- Submissions Close: 11/15/2021
- Judging Begins: 11/21/2021
- Judging Closes: 12/15/2021
- Show results announced in The Alpenhorn’s Spring Issue. Winners contacted just prior to the magazine’s mailing.